Friday, June 4, 2010

The art of talking

So really, there are people who can get you to do almost anything by just speaking in a certain way and no, there is no hypnosis involved. I commend them for the art that they have mastered. The art of talking, as I like to call it is what you get the knack of through practice. Some people are born with the talent maybe, but not too many. So what does it involve? It needs for the talker to sit back, listen, think and then talk. Is there time to do all this processing all of the time? We talk endlessly all day long (some even in their sleep, j/k), but how many times do you feel that you have achieved the best possible outcome, by talking to others! There are books written on negotiations and conversation skills etc, and I am not here to impart any tips and pointers since i consider myself a novice in this respect. I just want everyone to think about it at one point or another - how well do you talk / communicate?

No comments:

Post a Comment